[kj] Hated footy players past n present & threats

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 05:46:56 EST 2006

"Paranoia.  Peter I'll say this now to get it out of
the way.  The arguments you've put forward in this
thread are bizarre"

Sorry to keep going on, but I ve been labelled Paranoid, so i feel that i
should back up my claims

Everyone is quick to sympathize with Mr Frisk once he threw in the towel,
but no one is asking the basic questions here. This is a man whose integrity
is in question over the Nou Camp affair accusing some persons (quickly and
popularly interpreted as Chelsea supporters) of threatening him, prompting
his retirement. Why are we not asking Mr Frisk why he’s not making this a
police matter? If he feels so scared as to suddenly leave the game, wouldn’t
a report to the police and a determination to get to the bottom of it all be
his paramount considerations? Why are the whole sympathetic UEFA hierarchy
not insisting for Mr Frisk to report to the police and follow this up? Why
are they suddenly not keen on catching the person(s) behind the so-called
threat(s) anymore? We are all very ready and willing to take Mr Frisk’s word
for it when what is at stake is the integrity of Chelsea Football Club and
its supporters. Does anyone think we the law-abiding Chelsea supporters have
no reputation to protect? Why would any Chelsea fan bother with Frisk when
we had already qualified for the next stage of the Champions League? Why
would anyone bother with him when whatever “crimes” any fan or fanatic
thought then he’d committed against Chelsea had effectively come to nought
at the end of the second leg? Why would a seasoned referee like him, known
to have gone through some real harrowing experience doing the job on the
pitch, suddenly retire because of some email or telephone calls - like some
wimpy rookie just discovering the hazards of the job? Why is he (and his
backers within UEFA) not taking up Chelsea’s request to provide the club
with evidence of this threat so that they can act against the supposed
supporter(s)?

Obviously, it is okay for Mr Frisk to damage the reputation and integrity of
Chelsea supporters without any iota of evidence in the public domain, but
quite a sacrilege for anyone, including a leading manager in the game he was
officiating to voice concern over his meeting with the opposition manager!
Mr Frisk has given us no reason to believe him; he’s given us no reason to
believe that any Chelsea fan threatened him and, as far as he’s yet to do
that; as far as he’s yet to take up the offer of Chelsea Football Club to
forward the evidence to the club for appropriate action, the press should
stop playing him up like a victim. Chelsea supporters, as far as we know,
are fun-loving, law-abiding people. We understand that it’s only a game and
we are civilized enough to know that decisions sometimes can go for or
against you. What we cannot stand is this attempt to blackmail our club into
silence and to punish us for something for which we should be praised. UEFA
must know that the whole world is keenly watching.

http://www.petitiononline.com/cfwwuefa/petition.html

Match fixing does happen.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4200673.stm