[kj] Taif No More

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 05:13:24 EST 2006

>What unsavory remarks about Jews?  He made a very specific remark to one
>person (who happened to be a Jew), to the effect that using the excuse of
>"I'm only doing my job" is similar to the "I was only obeying orders"
>defence used by concentration camp guards.  The remark was particularly
>barbed because the journalist in question works for a newspaper group who
>were pro-Nazi before WWII.  Should he have refrained from using such a
>potentially hurtful comparison because the journalist was Jewish?  As you
>have said, Peter, you treat all people the same regardless of their colour
>etc - to do otherwise would be racist.

******I think that it is wholly inappropriate for anyone to use human
suffering or disasters as a reference point. The Tsunami, 9/11, Hiroshima,
Concentration camps etc etc should not be used in such a way, not by anyone,
let alone someone who speaks on behalf of all Londoners.
Cant he just say " Dont be so pushy" or something like that. There was
absolutely no need to make a reference to concentration camps , if thats the
type of language that Red Ken uses in his everyday life, then he should have
at least apologised to the person he said it to. There is a strong
possibility that the reporters parents could have been effected by the
concentration camps.
    The remarks were offensive, needless and wholly inappropriate. Also
saying to Iraqi Jewish businessmen to "go back to the Ayatollahs" shows his
true colors**********