[kj] Hated footy players past n present

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 12:40:49 EST 2006

Okay Peter, here's some links:

  Greek fans attack referee:

  Bulgarian referees strike after 'iron bar' attacks:

  Man jailed after breaking referee's jaw:

  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/3508296.stm

  Referee pelted with coins, nearly attacked by fans, windows broken by fans:

  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/910175.stm

  These are just some of the incidents I found. LIke it or not, the FA and other international football groups consider violence against referees to be a growing and serious problem.

  Psychopaths may well attend football matches Peter. Given the hundreds of thousands of people who attend matches, some of them are guaranteed to be violent and mentally unstable. Besides, who said you'd have to attend a match to go and kill a referee in Switzerland?

  Beyond that, I don't care about the rest of this argument. For some insane reason you're asserting that there's no way a football fan could kill a referee. Why bother? You know as well as I do it could happen, so I've really no idea why you're arguing, so I'll leave you to have the inevitable last word.

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com