[kj] Hated footy players past n present

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 12:21:04 EST 2006

>For a start, as you pointed out earlier, threatening someone with death is
>illegal. You don't actually have to kill someone for it to be a crime. So
>it's fairly logical to assume that there are Chelsea fans capable of
>issuing a death threat, however serious it may have been.

********Yes Chelsea fans are capable of issuing threats , everyone is
capable of issuing death threats (even members of this board) Yes everyone
is capable of issuing death threats. But that is not the point . The point
is . Did anyone issue a death threat? I dont believe that they did

>   As for killing a referee being absolutely unrealistic, that's not
>exactly true either. It's very realistic for fans to attack a ref's house,
>headbutt a ref, throw coins at a ref, beat a ref with iron pipes, break a
>ref's jaw and generally physically abuse the referee. These are all events
>from the past few years. These are all realistic, but some nutjob going a
>little further and actually killing one isn't? I'd say it's only a matter
>of time. Several have already been killed in South America, not to mention
>refs from many other sports.

****We are not in South America and South America doesnt come into the
equation. Can you name the incidents that you are talking about above. Can
you name a Ref who has been beaten with iron bars, had his jaw broken or
been headbutted? I dont think you can because it has never happened in the
top professional game. You are just scare-mongering********

>   As for 'reality check', fans do risk hefty jail sentences by attack
>refs. In fact, many people across the globe risk high jail sentences by
>murdering, well, anybody. It's not been a deterrent for all the other
>murderers has it?

********What has "Across the Globe" got to do with it? Arent we talking
about Chelsea supporters? I'm not denying the fact that there are psychos in
the World, hooligans may go to matches, but not murdering
psychopaths******************

********Yes they do, but they dont attend football games***********

>   My mistake, they've all been locked up, haven't they? Along with all the
>mass murderers and serial killers they managed to lock up before they did
>anything. Great systme we have, where the police can spot all the murderers
>and lock them up before they kill anyone!

*********What i'm saying is that if a person is unstable enough to kill a
match official , then he is more than likely taken offence by something
previously in his life and thus be locked up. Bad refereeing decisions has
not been know to trigger psychopathic tendencies. People dont turn
into murderers because a player gets sent off*************

To suggest that A football supporter would  kill a referee is a bit like
suggsting that a Killing Joke fan would hunt down a kill the tour manager
because the tour was postponed.
   "It could happen you know,  there are phsycos in brazil, so that proves
it can happen"
Think about it.