[kj] (OT) Anime (and illness... )

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 19 12:55:46 EST 2006

Hello people

  Since the Gathering is the font of all knowledge, I thought I'd look to you fine gentlemen (and ladies) for a little assistance.

  I've been interested in anime for a while now, but it's often hard to pin down decent series or films without advice from someone else. Do any of the assembled company have any particular favourites? I've been through the majority of Studio Ghibli (Hiyao Miyazaki & Isao Takahashi) efforts, and I'm a big fan of Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Avalon) and Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress).

  As far as series go, I enjoyed the first Ghost in the Shell series and loved Paranoia Agent. I've just started ploughing through Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is fairly pulpy stuff but entertaining nonetheless. Obviously Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragonball  are right out (although I have to see them all because of the kids), but are there any others worth tracking down?

  Thanks!

  Jim.

  P.S. I've just been diagnosed with osteoporosis. At age 30. Ain't life grand?

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com