[kj] tour off..the atmosphere's strange

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 13 17:17:07 EST 2006

you are right jiri, always the sensible one.
one should always take with a grain of course on this forum - and maybe
the record is not that bad, but saying the record "thumps" isn't saying
much for kj.

in a blind test, if the last two records didn't have the name killing
joke on them - they would only be able to stand up to base level local
band low brow metal standards. everyone has their own inspiration and
hears and feels different things from kj's music. but for most, to give
it more than a few spins is mostly out of reverence for these musicians
contributions, along with the obsession, curiosity, and hope for that
fleeting morsel of full on kj-ness. this lends the patience necessary
for a listener to hear the whole record all the way through. without
this built in patience, geordie and jaz are dead in the water and that
is why they won't risk the cutting edge. either that or they just don't
have it in them to create at their higher standard. the most recent kj
music is stepford'ish in it's boxed bland assembly and the efforts of
jaz n geordie likened to becoming like politicians, risking only what is
assured & simplistic.

give the record a few months, you will find it in your 'crap to spin
every other leap year pile' with the last four. if not, /intervention
should be recommended/, *TIC*