[kj] tour off..the atmosphere's strange

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 13 16:13:23 EST 2006

Oh come now, the new cd is not anywhere near that bad!

I won't begrudge them for not simply rerecording Fire Dances, esp. when
their new material has a very nice groove to it. It's not a masterpiece
but it thumps nonetheless. They were geniuses in their 20s--when they
really found a muse--but that doesn't mean they shouldn't bother simply
rocking to their hearts' content in their 40s! Or should they have
simply killed themselves after their best works and become *that* sort
of lowest common denominator rock cliche?

Killing Joke right now are what every tortured suicidal genius who "died
too soon" never had to live to face: the fact that what you create 20
years after you started does not duplicate (not that it should) nor
measure up to (in many people's eyes) what you created when you first
artistically wowed people in a previously unimagined way.