[kj] Why KJ2003 doesn't suck ...

parasikon parasikon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 22:08:32 EST 2006

Really enjoyed Seeing Red,Total Invasion,Blood On Your Hands, and The Death And Resurrection Show off of 2003.Tired pretty quickly when it came to Asteroid,Dark Forces,You'll Never Get To Me,and Loose Cannon.Even Implant really had some strong moments on this album for me,right up to the point where Jaz wrecks the whole thing with that whole "Stick the implant up your arse,you just wanna fucking control" bit.And now that i've heard Hosannas?I think Implosion,Lightbringer,and Walking With The Gods are three of the worst Killing Joke songs EVER,but Invocation,Majestic, and Judas Goat are pretty damn good.I think the moral lesson with Implosion,Implant,Loose Cannon and the like is simply this:Don't let Jaz write lyrics while he's in the crapper.  ;)

fluw <fluwdot at earthlink.net> wrote:  when building a case for the suckage of kj 2003 one doesn't really need to say anything more than to note the record includes   "The House That Pain Built", case closed.

but......

blood on your hands has ok lyrics and an ok performance by jaz, unfortunately, boyh suffers from a banal (for geordie) funk guitar riff in the verse, and the chorus could have been more inspired if arranged by a flat fore-headed nine year old with a frayed string tennis racket and a bouncy mattress. as for the drums? they sound like meg white's menstrual drippings. BOYH should be called you've got blood on your cankels !
as for seeing red, it should be titled peeing red

any other alternate titles?

besides,
geordie sounds like he sleep walked his way through a majority of 03 and the importance a kj record containing a great performance by geordie is fundamental.

Alex Smith wrote:
I've never liked "Total Invasion," but "Seeing Red" is quite good. But I think "Blood On Your Hands" ranks among their finest work, honestly. Had "Aeon" been better produced, I'd rank it similarly. But again -- "Blood On Your Hands" alone as a track is better than the entirety of PANDEMONIUM and the entirety of HOSANNAS.    Ale xin NYC