[kj] Mums and Dads

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Tue Mar 7 11:30:56 EST 2006

My 2 y.o. girl is into Bambi, Brother Bear, Babe, Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove... but about a month ago she caught me and my 11 y.o. son watching War of The Worlds, she sat down with us until the movie ended. After that instead of asking me to play The Lion King or Bambi, she asked for "mashianos" ("the martians") movie, i wasn't sure, but i played the movie for her skipping some secenes that could scare her... she complained a lot and moaned as i was pushing the forward button. The censorship became lighter day after day. Now she can see War of The Worlds complete a couple of times a day, even two times in a row. I can't see why she find it so eterntainig, i mean, there is a lot of action that could exlplain her interest, but there are also several moments of calm and long dialogs with no action at all. It hink it's maybe because of this girl Dakota Fanning.

Days ago she discovered my copy of 'Sleepy Hollow', and as the cover looks misterious she asked me to play it. Of course i didn't do it, she's too young for some head rolling... maybe when she gets 4 ;)

Of course she still watch Tarzan, Bambi and Brother Bear, but her favourite is -with no doubt at all- War of The Worlds.
My faves could be: Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Babe.
I don't have The Iron Giant still, but i watched it at the theatre at it time and I liked it; the retro-design of the robot looks pretty cool.

mis dos pesos

Javier