[kj] Kerrang!/Hosannas/KJ2003

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 11:51:21 EST 2006

In my opinion Nighttime is their greatest commercial album.  And I don't
mean in a "pop" sense.  It is the most accessible.  Brighter fell a little
short.  And I am not exactly sure where.  Maybe overproduction and
underwriting.  Live the songs sound have much more life.  As far as metal
there is ,essentially, two aspects.  Chunk chink chunk metal guitar which
Pandemonium has the most of thaat.  And there is dark, heaviness which I
tend to lean more towards Extremities for that.  I have a hard time putting
Killing Joke anywhere near metal.  Even with the chugidy chug guitar and the
Lemmy vox.  I thought 2003 was a great record and I a msurprised it didn't
do better.  But that it did anything at all is a miracle with (what
appeared) to be no help from the label.

Chris