[kj] OT Come on England!!!!

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Jun 21 14:59:21 EDT 2006

Beckham is pining for his best friend - Gary Neville. He needs his mate on the pitch, especially when it comes to knowing how he should perform any defensive duties. Becks is a little boy lost. As long as Gaz is back for the Ecuador game, we'll be alright. Stick with the one time Golden Balls for the first 70 minutes (his delivery can still be deadly - recall that early punt upfield to Rooney), then bring Lennon on to rip through the tiring full-backs for the last 20 minutes or so. I suspect that had we not had Owen and Rio limp off early on (coupled with Gerrard coming on for an exhausted Rooney), Sven may have gone with that option (if he knew anything about Swedish football, or any sort of football at all) .A caller to BBC Radio 5 suggested that Spurs had got rid of their Swedish full-back Erik Edman after 5 months as his own defending was a bit suspect ... mind you, he scored an absolute belter at Anfield !!!