[kj] You guys are kind of bumming me out

S. Sorensen kingofpotassium at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 22:01:12 EDT 2006

I don't know, all this bashing of Hosannas- are we
listening to the same album? I am seriously loving
this album and find it is an amazing soundtrack for
physical exertion. It's a great record to move your
old bones to, with those repetitive, crunchy grooves.
I also think there is more of the classic KJ sound on
this than we've heard in ages, especially the dance
grooves in WWG and Lightbringer (which reminds me a
lot of Wardance). Not only that, but I would put
"Judas Goat" up alongside the very best the band has
ever produced. That song is pure magic. Along with the
new Mission of Burma album, I am in post-Punk heaven.

Is everybody down on the band because Raven left? I
like his playing, but I've never thought he's
irreplacable. In fact, most people probably don't even
notice the difference. If he wants to play with
Ministry, more power to him. Give the new guy a
chance. At least he has the look!

As for Jaz and Geordie being a couple of flaky old
nutters- is this something new? I think Jaz is more
lucid than he's been in ages.  And don't forget-
they're musicians. Musicians are by nature the most
annoying people on the planet, and the better the
musician, the more annoying they tend to be.