[kj] kj03 and hosannas

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 17:20:43 EDT 2006

"Samuel Rowe" wrote:

> is geordie ever happy?i saw them at manchester in may,i was right in front
> of the grumpy bugger,and he nearly flicked a fag at my girlfriend.he
> doesn't like killingjoke 03 either,which is strange,because i think it's
> their best.it's most definitely got the best lyrics,better than some jaz
> has come out with (i harbour thoughts of killing you?),and the best
> tunes.why should a band like killing joke be bothered if they sound too
> "commercial"?obviously this feeling is too blame for the lack of melodies
> and general jokeness on the new record.is it like the emperors new
> clothes?it says nothing to me,and i wouldn't lend it to my friends to get
> them into the joke.don't get me wrong,killing joke are my favourite
> band,but hosannas was a dissapointment for me,when following songs like
> blood on your hands,inferno and dark forces.does anyone agree with me?or
> am i deluded,and about to get lynched by the gathering?

IMO, KJ2003 is the best thing they've ever done to this day and I too was
disappointed by Hosannas.

It bugs me that some bands like Killing Joke rag on an album soon after it's
released and say shit like they'd have done this diiferently or changed
that. The Cult used to do that for every album they put out - "Love" was ok,
but too sonically dense, then "Electric" was too amateurishly played and dry
sounding (that's a bad thing?!?), Sonic Temple was too much of a "rawk"
album - on and on and on.

T.B.