[kj] Five page article in this month's Q Magazine!

CEPLASTER at aol.com CEPLASTER at aol.com
Sat Jun 3 23:00:09 EDT 2006

The Q piece was very interesting to say the  least.  The fact that the writer
actually went to that island retreat for  the interview made it stand out
from the usual press junket pieces.
The only issue I have (and this has nothing to do with the article itself)
is the extent to which alcohol seems to  play such a central role in Jaz's
everyday routine.
      For someone who claims to have periodicly  contemplated suicide, the
last thing you should be doing is chugging booze  24-7.  Whatever the drinking
might do for the insomnia and the panic  attacks, it is after all a depressant,
and ultimately it must be doing more harm  than good.  Not to mention what it
will do to your insides over  time.
      While I have absolutely nothing against  drinking or any of that stuff,
it's one thing to tie one on from time to time,  another thing altogether to
be a drunken putz.  Jaz is a very smart guy and  I'm sure he can find ways to
rationalize just about anything, but ultimately the  only person he's fooling
is himself.  I just hope that when and if the band  make it back over to
America,   he and Geordie will be on reasonably  good behavior.  One Mark E. Smith
is plenty, right?
        By the way,  any news  concerning the band?    Thanks, Carl  P.