[kj] OT: Editors/Interpol

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 15:57:30 EST 2006

Heaven up Here - pure fukkin genius. Over the wall.. You've made me better
now!!!

One thing I will say - I'll check out that Editors album because the music
does sound very
good.

Yet another thing I'll say is that none of these bands are scary. That last
track on Unknown
Pleasures is scary (to the typical ear). Post-punk bands revelled in being
'unlistenable'
to the average music fan. Whereas a lot of this re-run cack is simply
foot-tappable, unit-
shiftin' stuff...

I think the best time to hear post-punk influence was the whole post-rock
thing. Obvious stuff
like Mogwai. At The Drive-in always had a lot in there I thought. Radiohead
sounding like the
Cure. Jeff Buckley.. the list of music influenced by, but not ripping off,
post-punk is BIG. I never
thought that would be the case & post-punk would be buried, but have heard
more & more
influence trick,ling through year by year. Thank fukk :)

ade