[kj] OT: Editors/Interpol

MARK SAXTON ranjeef at btopenworld.com
Tue Jan 24 06:05:39 EST 2006

They didn't drop the "the", they never had it, they were called Snowfield but changed their name because of similarities to Snow Patrol.
  Why do I get the idea that their original name may have been inspired by  Joy Division's 12" sleeve for Atmosphere? Because it fucking well was wasn't it.

bluce ree <bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
  I started a topic on here a while back about Interpol.
I couldnt figure out if they were good or gash but
since then I've decided they are indeed very very
good.

The vocals let things down a little but musically they
are very decent (if a bit hit/miss on the albums).

Not heard enough of Editors to make a finished opinion
but my initial feelings are

a) I bet they dropped 'The' from their name to look
like they arent on the 'The' bandwagon. Which would
make them even more wanky than if they'd put it in.
Delays did that first (didnt fool me, and their URL is
thedelays.com - bitches) and they're supercrap.

b) I thought they sounded just like The Killers (who
in turn sound just like 50 other NME-fellated 'The'
bands).

On the strength of this topic I will dabble further
with these Editors. They'd better not be gash though.
:(

--- Alex Smith wrote:

I'm more offended by the fact that Interpol (arguably
the least original band this side of Rancid) have
become a point of reference (i.e. "that band sounds
like Interpol").

Alex in NYC