[kj] New album, wot did he just say?

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:35:15 EST 2006

I have been listening to it solidly.  It makes a world of difference in my
car as opposed to my computer CD player with speakers (I have never had that
problem before).
It is getting better and better with each listen.
I cannot get enough of This Tribal Antidote and Majestic.
I still can't listen to Walking with Gods   ONLY because it reminds me of
old Front 242.
I can picture them now in their padded baseball suits
marching/walking/running in place and hitting the keyboard for that synth
drum sound while singing into a headset mic.  I like the bridge and chorus a
lot.  But it is the verse that reminds too much of old 242.  I cannot think
of them (Front 242) without grinning.
And while I mentioned the drum machine aspect let me clarify that I do not
question that there is a live drummer.  It is just the drumming patterns
could have been done on a drum machine.

I am thinking a lot of it is the mix.  Which will be resolved with the real
release

Chris