[kj] RE: Foos, Nirvana, whatever

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 04:03:03 EST 2006

Just seems like they were a lot higher profile back in
the day. Their last couple of albums came out to
little or no fanfare. I don't deny that they've got
loads of fans who'll come to their shows. But i think
they were definately more popular, as in being
ingrained into the collective unconscious of the
general public (Big Me and the Mentos video and all
that) and not just specifically Foo Fighters fans
circa their first 2 albums. It was more a sign of the
times than anything else. That kind of music is
nowhere near hip anymore. Anyways, that's got nothing
to do with the quality of the music. I think the first
album is pretty great, the 2nd one has a few great
moments, and it all sucks after that. There's a track
on the King Buzzo solo album (with the Kiss style
cover art) called Skeeter that's all Grohl, vocals and
instrumentation. It's pretty great. Pretty heavy.

Leigh