[kj] The Fall vs Killing Joke

rob rob at westwoodassociates.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 11:47:22 EST 2006

There is a fascinating interview with Smith in this month's Mojo - he's run
a very tight ship (songwriting wise) since inception....staying true to
ideals I'm not convinced (you can take working class Manc out of Manc but...
etc.), I'd rather think he's not capable/inclined to do anything other than
what's kept him going, tight indie tunes across a whole range of influence
but with a voice that precludes any hope of mainstream success. I'm sure
that's the biggest difference between the two bands, the fact that KJ
are/were more capable of a stint in the charts.
I don't think KJ have strayed too far from what got them going in the first
place, we're still here aren't we?

horbag