[kj] my two cents on the album

gregslawson at aol.com gregslawson at aol.com
Thu Jan 5 15:11:33 EST 2006

If, as people say, Implosion and Tribal Antidote are not even the best songs on the album, I don't see why everyone has so many complaints. Of course it's not going to sound exactly like other KJ albums, but judging from those 2 songs, they sound better than 95% of the puke on the radio. And Jaz's voice doesn't bother me too much--KJ are supposed to sound kink of rough and heavy, aren't they? Jaz wants them to sound heavy, as he's said in recent interviews. Also, the production to me (hearing it only on shitty computers)sounds more radio-friendly and accessible than most of their stuff. This may be the best chance to hear KJ on th e radio since "Nighttime" or "Pandemonium". THis may turn out to be their strongest album since Pandemonium, Fire Dances, or the 1st one. SO, I'm pretty psyched about the record-Ive enjoyed playing those 2 songs over and over!