[kj] This Tribal Antidote vs Absent Friends?

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 11:42:04 EST 2006

darren,
 i heard the similarity between AF and TTA as well. their is a definite
similarity between the /democracy/_ _stuff and /hosannas /so far. not a
bad thing since my only problem with the melodic content of /democracy/
was the mix. so far _hosannas_ seems to contain a more present upfront
guitar sound, which is a good thing. the drums are well played but
unimaginative and vocals are not clear. as for why the vocals are not
clear i would hate to link it to the guitar volume but i feel vocal _
_volume is_ not_ the problem but just the _clarity/definition_,
frequency and harmonic emphasis of the vocals. but finally the guitar is
closer to it's proper presence since /nighttime/.

and i don't think you are being too critical wanting more invention from
kj. one doesn't have to be a unswerving lickspittle shill to be a fan -
one can be critical and still be a huge fan. not that anyone involved
with kj or apart of the gathering are sycophant shills but, those who
can't deal with some legitimate criticism shouldn't endevour to pull
their head above the sand, so go with it darren.