[kj] This Tribal Antidote vs Absent Friends?

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 4 10:44:45 EST 2006

I am delighted to be listening to these tracks early, and would like to
thank those who have taken the trouble to post links. Great stuff.

Production sounds terrible on the two I have so far - I'm hoping these are
(at the very least) rough mixes). What worries me, however, is how similar
This Tribal Antidote is to the opening riff of Absent Friends. What's going
on? At least the drumming's better, at any rate (I don't rate Democracy as
highly as many seem to, even in remixed form).

I'd hate to lose the trebly guitar in the chorus of Implosion, so I hope
that stays, and although the Asteroid stop-start bit will no doubt be jolly
to yell out at them live, I want more invention from this band.

Does anyone else hear this, or am I just in a particularly critical mood
today?

Darren