[kj] Hosannas.....sneak peak ..loose cannon anyone?

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 17:50:14 EST 2006

I just started a new job today (MTV News Online....working in the belly
of the beast, as it were), so I've been kinda busy and in another
head-space, but I just wanted to quickly weigh in on "Implosion".
Honestly, I think it's kind've a mess. I love Geordie's parts (as
usual), but the production is a bit of a muddle (whomever compared it
with tracks off DEMOCRACY was on the money). There's a disturbing lack
of definition. And -- sorry -- but Jaz's voice is the weakest link.
Remember when the man used to sing instead of shout and bellow? Why
can't we go back to that?

Geordie and Raven (what I can hear of the latter) hand in great work.
Ben's drumming sounds fine, if -- like everyone else has mentioned --
it's a bit repetitive. And no, it doesn't need to be six minutes long.

Alex in NYC

On Tuesday, January 3, 2006, at 08:26 AM, first fossil wrote:

> The singing is just like Maths of Chaos, I played it three times and I
> didn't pick up any of the lines. However, I wouldn't say it was an
> ongoing descent, the vocals were the forte of the 2003 record.
>
> > *jaz's* voice continues to head into the wrenched
> > palate of oscar the
> > grouchland, excess of the vices has taken an
> > irreversible toll no doubt.
> > thoughtful lyrics

<image.tiff>