[kj] RE: Hosannas.....sneak peak ..loose cannon anyone?

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 10:36:13 EST 2006

paul not good things to hear:

*the album is very busy* - other than mathematics of chaos, KJ do not do
"busy" well. they are best when jaz talks or sings and the band twang,
howl, chime, echo, bounce, thump, and groove out mysterious morphing
tension.

*it sounds on a whole like medicine wheel meets asteroid* - there could
be a least optimal combination i 'spose (try america meets you're being
followed meets loose cannon) but, yuck. i could do without this combination.

*vocals mixed low, guitar mixed high* - seems like a good thing as an
all geordie album seems more appealing than an all jaz album but this
can't be a good thing for a congruent band sound. although i've been
wanting more geordie in the mix since 1983.

*doesn't have the power and hooks of 2003* - that is ok, as the
adolescent hooks of 2003 were regrettable

*as for kj needing a producer *- connie is dead, john porter has bigger
fish to fry and andy gill didn't live up to what one would expect to be
an ideal combination.