[kj] OT : those infamous Jyllands-Posten cartoons ...

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:03:13 EST 2006

its quite interesting travelling through Spain and seeing the areas where
the Muslim immigrants irrigated the desert and it still works centuries
later

But there is a difference that i find hard to pin point. I sometimes use a
simplistic argument . Imagine therewere 5 spaceships that arrived from
different planets and they left their kind. You have the arab, the Aryan,
the Mongol, The African and the Inca. Five genetic different species which
have similarities but inherent a deepseated mistrust of each other.

While my race, Celtic, is derived from a variety of Northern Hemisphere
miixes, the arab is different to me. look at the language and the means of
writing. Theres no basis of sanskrit there which is the common base of
European language.

having said that, ive lived and travelled in many parts of the middle east
and find it facinating and wonderful.