[kj] OT : those infamous Jyllands-Posten cartoons ...

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 20:04:04 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/2/2006 6:16:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pmdavies at gmail.com writes:

> Yes this is the problem of orthodox religions that have invested
> interest in controlling the masses which is no different to many other
> systems that have existed whether it be the Russian Empire of the last
> century or the stark Poll Pot regime in Cambodia

True, orthodox religion (esp. the fanatical kind) leads to all kinds of
problems, including hatred (e.g. antisemitism) and oppressive and murderous
regimes. Currently fanatical Christianity is behind the anti-evolution movement,
which it uses as a political lever to gain followers (probably because it's easy
to convince stupid people that "I was never a monkey", which I heard a rather
stupid person say earlier today at work).