[kj] R.I.P./Books/xmas gifts

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 29 14:11:32 EST 2006

Hear, hear, Aleph.

Debate and opinions are one thing. Constant wind-ups
are another. Not hard to divine why some get fed up
with the list when on any given day one is likely to
open his mailbox and find it half filled with the
windups of an online ("oh, but he's not an asshole in
person") troll and/or wound-up responses to him. It's
not a stretch to think that when someone finds there
are more messages in his/her "Blocked Attention Whore"
folder than in their "Welcomed messages" inbox, it's
time to move on.

But everyone comes to the list for different reasons,
I suppose.

On that note:
Books -- I've finally gotten 'round to Jared Diamond's
"Collapse," which is interesting so far. Also reading
"Waterworld" by Graham (sp?) Swift at the rec' of my
wife.

Xmas:
I received Tom Wait's three-disc "Orphans: Brawlers,
Bawlers and Bastards" release. So far, so very very
good, if you're into his style.
-And I received a new snare drum, which in my
neighborhood probably sounds good to me and me alone!

Happy solstice holidays all.

Jiri

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/12/25/entertainment/e103545S46.DTL

http://www.ultimateemail.com/free-email-addresses.html