[kj] hosannas

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 7 13:12:29 EST 2006

For what it's worth, I've noticed more Americans like it than brits.
Have no idea why. On some of the Killing Joke fan communities on MySpace
it's consistently rated one of the best ones of the ouevre. And the
reviews at Amazon.com, as opposed to amazon.co.uk, are more positive
from listeners. Dunno why.

I like the harshness of the album. As I said in a review, I love it when
bands refuse to age gracefully or become irrelevant. I think Killing
Joke have successfully stayed entirely more relevant to what's going on
in contemporary music with Hosannas than, say, folks like, er, Motley
Crue. I even like the album art. Having the big double vinyl LP helps;
when it's huge like that you can really see all the detail.

-Oliver