[kj] Tribal Freedom

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 10:28:29 EST 2006

This Tribal Antidote seems like the next chapter of
the Savage Freedom story...

> B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

> > I agree -- "This Tribal Antidote," a song I love,

> in any event -- sounds

> > not a lot like the rest of the album, almost as if

> it's from a

> > completely different session, done in a different

> geographic locale. It

> > sounds a lot like the kind of hardcore bands like

> Tragedy or Born Dead

> > Icons are making these days.

> > I like _Hosannas_ a lot, but I do really wish the

> song "Universe B" had

> > been included on the N. American version of the

> LP, as that's an

> > excellent song and would have made the LP 30%

> better, at least.

> > "Majestic" is also so good.

Replace the Hawkwind tribute Lightbringer with
Universe B and the album improves for sure.

I think the idea that overdubbing guitars was somehow
dishonest is the porblem with Hosanannas, as opposed
to all those carping about Jaz' vocals.

The sound of the 2003 album is better because the
guitars sound more powerful.

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!