[kj] ADMIN "Against Nature"

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Mon Aug 28 11:43:40 EDT 2006

Yes indeed Peter, it is called "Against Nature" and it's the opening track
from "Need For Not" the debut album by Levitation on Rough Trade (1992).
Great album. Christian "Bic" Hayes (guitar/vox), Dave Francolini (drums) and
Laurence O'Keefe (bass) went on to form Dark Star and are allegedly big fans
of the Joke - I know that Bic is for sure. There is also an album length
compilation CD called "Coterie" on import from the US. Big shame that after
Levitation got signed by Chrysalis, they brought out just one CD single and
seem to have been dropped before the 2nd album came out (Terry Bickers
(guitar/vox) left the band - not sure whether it was before or after that CD
single) ... the 2nd album appears to exist (maybe released in some
Scandinavian countries ???) but is rather rare to find ... Dark Star
themselves managed one album "twenty twenty sound" on Harvest (1998) before
calling it a day though the "I am the sun" single was twice released and got
much airplay & I saw the video on TV at least once ...