[kj] OT: rudeboys

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 08:05:02 EDT 2006

I went to see Neville Staples, The Beat, and Bad Manners last night. (Almost on topic, as Neville and Raven are supposed to be mates, ditto Rankin Roger & Jaz).

Anyway - they were excellent. Neville played mostly old Specials tracks (Concrete Jungle and Rat Race were the high points for me). The Beat played mostly old stuff but also some excellent new stuff (Best Friend and Too Nice To Talk To got top marks). Bad Manners played their hits, of which Lip Up Fatty was unsurprisingly the most convincing.

If you get the chance, go see 'em.

If Roger really is Jaz's mate, he should give him a few fitness tips. Like Jaz he was wearing a boiler-suit, but the similarities ended there. <grin>

Jamie