[kj] Re: French interview

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 14:09:22 EDT 2006

That's the same bollocks he was spouting around 'Outside the Gate'. "Killing Joke's me an Geordie, Raven's no good, blah blah blah..."

  He's so full of shit. His voice and lyrics are one of the weakest elements on the recent album, way behind the three musicians. Perhaps he should fire himself, considering he's an old fart.

  To be honest, I'd rather he gave up the pseudo-mystical bollocks and god-i'm-fucking-amazing rants and concentrated- I mean, actually *worked*- at getting his music up to standard. It's not going to happen, but we can but hope.

  Jim.

John Carville <John at PRIO.NO> wrote:
  Here's a translation of one interesting bit from the French interview posted by Lizzzzz from Amsterdam (see http://heavymusic.free.fr/heavymusic2/interview/itwkillingjoke/itwkillingjoke.php):

"Le bassiste Paul Raven a été occupé par l'album de Ministry. Du coup a-t-il eu une contribution importante sur cet album de Killing Joke ?

(Rires). Pas de commentaire. Killing Joke c'est Geordie et moi. Il y a 12 albums de Killing Joke, Geordie joue la basse sur 10 d'entre eux. Pff ! Et également la batterie sur 3 d'entre eux. Je fais tout le reste. Au bout du compte, j'adore jouer avec ce mec. C'est un super guitariste, il sonne comme un mur de 4 guitares à lui tout seul. Pour moi, travailler avec Geordie Walker est un privilège. Benny notre batteur, les jeunes sont ceux qui deviennent meilleurs. Tu n'as pas besoin des vieux. C'est la même chose avec la basse. Tu as besoin de plus d'énergie et de précision. Les standards musicaux doivent restés à un niveau élevé. Killing Joke est un son et un style de vie. Le look n'est pas important. La célébration est tout ce qui compte. Voilà c'est tout. Tant que Geordie continuera à vouloir faire ça, Killing Joke continuera de vivre. Nous continuerons à faire de la musique et chaque album doit être meilleur. Nous essayons toujours de nous améliorer et de nous surpasser."

Translation:

"Q. Bassist Paul Raven has been busy with the Ministry album. As a result, has he made an important contribution to this KJ album?

A. (Laughs). No comment. Killing Joke is Geordie and me. There are 12 KJ albums. Geordie plays bass on 10 of them. Pff! And the same goes for the drums on 3 of them. The bottom line is, I love playing with this guy. He's a fantastic guitarist. He's like a wall of four guitars all by himself. For me, working with Geordie Walker is a privilege. Benny our drummer... Young people keep on getting better. You don't need old people. It's the same with the bass. You need more energy and precision. Musical standards must be kept at a high level. KJ is like a way of life. The image isn't important. The celebration is all that matters. That's it. As long as Geordie keeps wanting to do it, KJ will continue to exist. We'll keep making music and each album will be better [sic]. We try always to improve and to surpass ourselves."

Jaz also claims Tool's Danny Carey as a pal, and says Danny once played with KJ.

Maybe someone else will chip in with some other paragraphs...

But, why is Jaz standing with (practically endorsing) two different Coca-Cola products in the pictures? Has he no shame?

JC, Oslo

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com