[kj] Future of KJ

Joe Casavola elipsis44 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 18:23:08 EDT 2006

It's understandable with Raven's decision to leave...For how long I don't
know...

I picked up my copy of Hossanas and it did taken 3-4 listenings for the
album to grow on me. I have to agree on first listen of the album, that the
vocals seemed a bit muffled, compared to all of KJ's catalogue.

I found many similarities and influences from ealier KJ albums, such as
Extremities, Pandamonium, and Democracy.

...Most of the hypocracy I read many times on the Gatherers list is how
crappy the fucking mix on Democracy....Hey at least you can hear the fucking
vocals....And yes you can hear Geordie's fucking guitar...

I am not knocking hossanas and it is more consistant to KJ 2003. Hossanas
material kicks ass!

But again, I remember most of the Gathers touting how good KJ 2003 was so
kick ass and better than Democracy and Pandamonium. Now Hossanas is
out...."2003 sucks and Hossanas rules"

I am a Killing Joke Fan! I don't know if I classify myself as a Gatherer. I
started out listening to the original catalogue when I was 17...and no I
wasn't a little sperm when they were producing!!!

I still think Pandamonium, Democracy, and KJ 2003 has cleaner mixes. As for
the current Band's turmoil.....

There was atricle submitted by another gatherer relating to the "man", Big
Paul. Hey if he's invited to play, why doesn't Jaz lay down his ego and get
back the core members....

"The Original Guys who started it all"....Big Paul, Geordie, Youth, and
Jaz....-"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before",  how Youth screws things up.
If I'm not mistaken?....There's no Bassist and all there is mention of is
Geordie and Jaz...Where's Benny?

Raven's with Ministry now....Maybe  things will work itself out. I'm
starting to see Deja Vu all over again, back to the days of Democracy and
the Pcyche problems the band is going through.

As for the future flak... How hypacritical.... No I am not going to get off
the fucking list....I buy the tickets, the EPs', T-Shirts, and all of the KJ
Albums, with the exception of OTG and Brighter than a Thousand Suns. I'm a
devoted FAN!!!!