[kj] Set-List

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 11:14:12 EDT 2006

Things that make KJ live less of a thrill than previously:

1. Overlong songs (e.g. Pandemonium)
2. Ponderous numbers with Jaz gurning (e.g. Communion)
3. Rock rather than groove (e.g. most of KJ2003)
4. Jaz talking too much

The great thing - one of the many great things - about Pssyche (for instance) is that although it's a ferocious piece of punk rock, it also has an irresistible dance groove.

I remember buying the 12" of Eighties, and being slightly put out that there was a "Serious Dance Mix" - because to me aged 17 dance meant disco-shit. But in fact (as I soon realised) "dance" was what KJ was all about...

Disco Jamie

PS I'm listening to an old KJ compilation I made for driving about 10 years ago. Aeon's just started: what a blinder it is. I'd love to see them play it live...