[kj] Perceptions so far.

death wish dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:20:00 EDT 2006

I clearly remember listening to Extremities for the first time and I'm one
of the few who like OTG, for what it is. As each track played, I got more
and more excited that this was the masterpiece I'd been waiting for. Track
after track it didn't disappoint, and when it finished I put it on again,
despite having come home from a long day and being exhausted at 2 am.

Just an album? PAH!

Pretty much the same experience with 2003 and Hosannas. Pand and Demo I grew
to love - quickly. It's the great thing about the first listen to an album -
like a laugh or an erection, there's no faking or rationalizing the
experience - you are held in thrall or you are not.

Extremities was also the last time I walked into a record store to find a
new kj album staring at me that I had no idea was coming. The internet has
shot that experience.

T.