[kj] Perceptions so far.

Robert Mallett Robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 07:22:38 EDT 2006

Yeah, im stuck in the past and ive picked up so many new releases and been disapointed and this is the first one since Revelations where ive been really bowled over by it. Sure ED&VRE did shine over the bland dross that had been served up but it doesnt hold against anything before Firedances and Firedances could have really been excellent if the rawness hadnt been over produced and extracted.

But this is subjective, we all get turned on by different things, and blah blah blah. The mixture of reaction here is good, its better than everyone wanking over it saying how good it is. But they will never do another Butcher, The Wait, Psyche but i can handle that when i have this to play.

If Firedances had been produced by Plank or Kimsey it would have sounded very very different. Pssyche, The Wait, Fall of Because are still great songs, but in many ways are of their time even if, in contradiction, they haven't dated. Hosannas is KJ NOW, and that's why I rate it so highly.

Tim