[kj] OT: Soap opera continues

Jester webmaster at killing-joke.com
Tue Apr 11 17:51:29 EDT 2006

This is my one and only post regarding this. If you have any other
questions, for the sake of the list, feel free to ask me off list. Will
get back to you as soon as I can.

Ok, first, I will address why I closed the site.

1. I have been undergoing chemoratiation therapy since last December.
Though I was tired the first few months, I was handling it ok, as well
as can be expected. We then discovered a small mass in my left lung.
Because of my family situation (Elana's work schedule, childcare....my
mom broke her back in January and cant watch the kids), and talking it
over with my doctors, we decided to try a more aggressive
chemoradiation approach that will be ongoing till August, with keeping
an eye on the mass, and regular blood testing and see if we can
basically kill the mass (if not then will have surgery and have the
bottom 1/3 of my lung removed). Due to the nature of the intense poison
in my body, I am sleeping about 16 - 20 hours a day. Not leaving much
time to run a website. I would rather spend what little time I have
with my wife and kids, not worrying about getting information up on a
site.

2. Empty promises did play a part in this decision as well. Please see
the URL for info on some of the empty promises:
http://www.killing-joke.com/benefit_matt.html

3. Too much work to get any good information from management. We were
here for the band, to promote the band, and when it became evident that
even management didnt care about running the sites, I started having
the opinion of "whats the point".

See the URL for an idea on what happened even getting killingjoke.com
to go live (emails from James Floyd about all he had to go through just
to put the site live because of Matt Luxon's inability to do things the
right way:
http://www.killing-joke.com/james_emails.html

Rob, you keep defending Matt, but as above, you will see for yourself
he has failed the band and fans a bit.

4. I, quite frankly, grew tired of all the emails about GoP, tour
cancellations, and rescheduling. Matt Luxon and James Floys hid behind
me, never gave me answers about what was happening and why, and
expected me not to give their emails out so people could get answers.
So, I got stuck out there every time they messed something up,  or they
took money from people with the GoP mess, and got no support from them.
I accept that I had certain responsibilities, but I never put GoP for
sale, I never messed up a tour, and they got pissed off at me for even
mentioning their names. James admitted on this list he was working on
the "official" site, so why not send him emails about the tour, and
GoP? Isnt it more of his responsibility than mine?

You know that apology about the German tour last summer? That was
because of Raven and myself. I wrote that after a conversation on the
phone with Raven, who called from Prague, because he got my email about
what was taking place with no info, and the backlash the band was
getting. If you need a refressher on that apology that I am referring
to:
http://killing-joke.com/index66.html

It is about midway down on the page.

5. As for site redirects...check the dates, for those that took it so
seriously..April Fools anyone? Yeah, always a joke till your the
fool..then it's just wrong. Notice where the site goes now, and has
since that weekend.

Now, for the complete insanity of some of the accusations made by
Darryl Morris (Lord Moloch on the old message board and admins of the
new board), Hans, Allan Ford, and a few others...

Hans claims his site has been hacked 20 times the past year...if that
is true, he really does suck at the internet, especially since his site
gets no traffic. It's one thing if you have a popular site, you are
going to be a mark for hacks and spammers, but if you run a relatively
innocuous site, no one really messes with you.

According to Hans, you would think I own the whole internet wouldn't
you? You honestly have to suspend all logic if you are to believe half
the things being spouted.

1. I am on AT&T (SBC Yahoo) DSL. If I was hacking sites, sending our
viruses, mail bombs, site bombs or anything even close to that, they
would have shut me down, immediately. Meaning, no internet access. I
cant even use P2P software on this connection because they will shut me
down as soon as one packet comes and goes.

2. I run one website, that isnt even technically active at this point.
I dont have any power to close an entire message board down. You guys
dont have that power individually, I dont, no one else does. A
collection of complaints, maybe, but if they close a message board
down, they lose money on the banner adds. Not a copasetic move for them
to close a message board on the request of one person. Also, it is
every NOCC's and abuse teams policy to not reveal a complaintants name,
so even if I or anyone else had complained, the names would not be
revealed to an offending sites administrator or members. That would
violate their own privacy policy.

3. If I had so much power and pull and ability, and they really and
truly believed that I did these things, I do not think they would be so
quick to launch a series of public attacks on me. Face it, if I can
shut down entire websites on a whim, and hack his site 20 times, he
would be a fool to attack me like this.

4. Mojica's? As in including my wife on this too? Elana works at a bank
from 7:30AM till after 4:00PM, then goes to a 2nd job waiting tables. I
seriously doubt that 1, a bank would hire anyone who hacks websites or
is married to someone that does for obvious security reasons, and 2,
when would she have the time? I guess my 5 year old daughter did it.

5. Why would I waste my time hacking a site no one looks at? If I was
going to hack a Killing Joke site, dont you think I would use that
talent and time on the official site, where I could be accused of
having any sort of grievance with?

6. Considering that a good friend just passed away last Thursday night
and I was the last person she had a conversation with, I am seriously
not in the mood for playing around on the internet. (see my friends
list..top 8, my friend Melanie)

7. With three kids, a wife, over 40 different rescue animals I have in
my care, and chemo, when would I honestly have time to mess with
hacking his site and closing down another site?

The Admin of the other message board, Darryl Morris
(LordMoloch/Hierophant), and saw Hans as a bit of an intellectually
devoid guy he could use to deflect from the fact he didnt want to run
the message board any longer, and the fact it was purely a hate
campagin. There are many other message board hosting companies that let
you set up message boards for free with banner ads, just like the other
board, yet I see no rush for them to start a new one. Just him calling
for attention to his board, and when no one showed up, he made this
hacing bit up. If you remember, within about three hours of announcing
I was closing our old board, the new message board popped up. Why has
another one not opened up to replace it?

Hans emails the gathering making more accusations, and I will address a
couple here, then I am done with this post.

1. he admitted in the email my wife works for a bank...again, what kind
of bank would hire someone with poor integrity or is married to someone
that hacks websites? It is obvious he contradicts his own suspicions
with this.

2. He made the following statement in the email:

"Under the Proboards Terms of Service it is possible for a message
board to be terminated without warning if a complaint is made claiming
defamation or harrassment. All Mojica needed to do was play his usual
cancer sob story card"

Well, as he admits I was not on the message board, how can I be
harrassed? So that point is mute.

As for the 2nd part...if I was to have that board shut down, then the
assertion of "defamation" as a reason, means that they were in fact
comitting the act of defamation, which is defined by the following:

"Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement
about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Slander
involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory
(non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.
Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or
fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper."

In total, there were about 8 people suspended from the site in the span
of the 5 years we ran it, and 987 members, final count. Less than 1%.
The reasons for the suspensions were multiple personal attacks (against
other members), actual pysical threats to other members, or the
proliferation of a false suicide to try and garner some sort of warped
attention, as seen in the following URL:
http://killing-joke.com/new_message/index.php?showtopic=1746

Yes, that entire argument was based on a hoax, and before Lee Clark
even posted this, we had already recieved word that it was a hoax but
decided to wait till we had more confirmation before addressing it as
such.

Alan Ford left at his own accord because he kept insisting we censor
the site, and delete members based on their user names, even though
they never posted anything remotely offending.

Mel, considering your arguments against Peter West recently, you make
your free speech arguments are laughable. Only speech you care about is
the kind that supports you or your hateful views. If you look back at
the Gathering archives that are on line, you will find no attacks on
you made by Juliet, or Marie. But you will find attacks from
you...hateful, selfish, and threatening attacks like the following:

> 	From: 	  hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
> 	Subject: 	Re: [kj] So.....much to most peoples regret------
> 	Date: 	August 18, 2005 11:57:13 AM CDT
> 	To: 	  gathering at misera.net
>
> well i got my tix on monday---so i take my best to aviod most of u
> shits who i carnt stand,exspecially that bitch scarlet woman--what a
> wanker she is...and a using c-----nt.//useless thicko keep her away
> from me otherwise i might kill her....
>
> mel.

I have never seen Peter comment on "killing" anyone, and despite mine
and Peters disagreements, at least he came up and introduced himself.

Must say, I loved your message asking Jaz if he'd be your sperm donor.
That was cute. You claim to be so close to Jaz, yet you dont seem to
realize Jaz would not be on the internet too often, and I can be almost
certain, he would not use MySpace. :
http://tinyurl.com/nw9m6