[kj] Perceptions so far.

Robert Mallett Robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 05:56:49 EDT 2006

Bob

OK... why? (By the way, I'm prone to agree with you).

That's a big question, and one I can't answer in one go. For me Hosanna's
has no weak track; it sees the Joke ( and Geordie in particular) back on
form and, dammit, scary again; the drumming is the best since BPF, ahem,
left; lyrically it is a definite return to form, but without the Crowley
obsessed content of the first six albums; it is a piece of incredible poetry
that reminds us all that we are living in the final century. In short, it's
awesome, epic, sweeping, tribal, visceral and of its time. I think the media
reviews speak for themselves  -  and I remember those days back in the 80s
when much of the press hated them.

bob