[kj] (OT)Unhappy Birthday to you

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 17:07:37 EDT 2006

Why do people keep posting that its their Birthday FFS ? Are they so
insecure that they need the  reassurance of  someone insincerely wishing
them a happy Birthday ? People announce its their Birthday like its some
kind of achievement. Your Birthday has nothing to do with you, you had no
say in the matter, if anything your parents should be celebrating , not you.
   You may think that its something special , well its not . What is 6
Billion divided by 365, because that is how many people are celebrating
their Birthday on any given day.
   I ve never wished anyone "Happy Birthday", because I'm honestly not
bothered if your day is happy or miserable.  And I dont want anyone wishing
me "Happy Birthday" either, because I know that you're not really bothered
either.
  I ve noticed that its mainly an American thing, maybe its the Americans
who like giving fake, insincere greetings. Things that happen every year
should nt be mentioned every year, you should only announce one off things,
like marriages or Births (Or QPR winning three consecutive games) . If you
are the girly type who feels they must send their annual greeting , then
cant you send a personal e-mail?

       FLIGHTBRINGER