[kj] OT How does the mind work?

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 21:38:13 EDT 2006

Well i understood from the beginning that Japanese read by not reading all
the characters, but because i dont know enough Kanji to read newspapers, i
ve never been able to put it into practice . I ve always wondered how its
possibly to read a newspaper without reading all the words, I understood
the theory behind it,  but found it hard to understand how they could
actually do it, if  you see what I mean. But reading the misspelled post , I
could grasp the way the Japanese read.
  What reading the misspelled post and reading Japanese have is common is:
They both use the same method of not reading every single letter/Kanji. They
both just  read parts of the text and use their intuition to understand the
rest.