[kj] Re: In and Outs of a Band's Arse

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 09:36:20 EDT 2006

I don't agree, speaking for myself. I like KJ and enjoy their music. Their path is different, but I'm not sat here wishing I could do something as fantastic as them and using these discussions as way of tasting- however fleetingly- a life I will never experience.

  As for whether this is 'the best we can do', well, probably not. But then this isn't anyone's life, or anyone's ambition. It's just a music discussion group.

  Jim.

  gas wylde <anathema2000 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
  Since joining this board I've been doin' the predictable god thing.
Listenin' to the Joke 06 and readin' all the intervening 'rational
commentary' of the Gatherers. It strikes me that all the to and fro,
summary argy-bargy and general hubub vis a vis HFTBOH is related to the
fact that most people yearn to be something or someone and so few ever
achieve that, let alone the dizzy heights of being in something as
interesting and enduring (let alone fucked-up) as a KILLING_JOKE.

It begs the question: is the best we can do in THE WEST to examine the
in's and outs of a duck's arse (for days on end) as related to a
subterranean rock act's latest effort to self-immolate? Is this it?
Wot's it all about Alfie?

I know Jaz, have for years. I am a Jaz. That's what makes it all so
compelling. The fact that we are or wish to be what we actually fear.
That Hosannas even gives us a slight horn at all in this age of
disposable tissue paper thin heroes is just amazing. I got onto this
board to suss out what KJ heads are really like. As revelation it's
been interesting to get meself a wee whiff.

But it makes 'seeing tomorrow', as Herr Coleman ably puts it, appear
incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

Rollover and think of Baghdad,

gasola

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com