[kj] OT: Man held as terrorism suspect over punk song

FLIGHT BRINGER flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 05:30:31 EDT 2006

You cant really turn it around to a race issue. I realise that if he was
White then the driver would probably not of taken much notice, but he was
the same color as the people who recently went on a bombing spree. But you
cant label it as discrimination , during the IRA bombing campaigne people
with Irish accents were looked upon with suspicion, not solely because they
were irish, but because Irish people had been setting bombs off.
   But if the passenger hadn't have been singing songs which could have been
seen as a threat then he wouldn't have been arrested. he was arrested for
acting suspiciously, not because of his color. It was the same as the
Brazilian bloke, they shot him because he resembled an Islamic terrorist,
not because of his skin color .Although his skin color was the reason for
him being under suspicion in the first place.
   The only way to address the issue would be to get more people from other
communities to set bombs off and commit acts of terrorism.
    The unfortunate thing is that if a person from a group of people does
something wrong then the whole group is looked upon with suspicion. I give
the recent alleged death threats from a group of football supporters as an
example. One person allegedly makes a threat and ALL of the supporters from
that group are seen as potential death threat senders.
   So its nothing to do with racism.

  FLIGHTBRINGER