[kj] Killing Joke Playing Download Festival

Andrew Latham ghengis at supert.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 05:56:37 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm another newbie to this group (but long time KJ fan). I think KJ will
do just fine at Download, I went for the first time last year & as Jezebel
said I found the younger punters I talked to very open to hearing new stuff,
even if it was by old guys! The guys in the tent next to me (average age of
17) went to check out MC5, Motorhead & The Saints, all of whom they knew
little or nothing about & were impressed by all of them. KJ will also be
significantly heavier than many of the other bands there so they don't have
to worry on that front & the fact that mags like Kerrang sing their praises
these days and constantly harp on about what an influence KJ have been on
bands like Metallica should all serve them well at Download. I'm looking
forward to it :)
Andy