[kj] Killing Joke Playing Download Festival

Go_the_blues . blackonyx26 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 2 05:24:51 EDT 2006

Hi there
This is my first post and no doubt will be flamed for it as a newbie or
such. :(
I have been a fan of KJ for about 20 odd years - I have never joined the
message boards as to be honest I have my time taken alot with the Download
message boards where I am one of the administrators and also a moderator -
with a database of over 20k I am sure you can see its a bit of a mare to
control.

I thought that I would pop over and register to KJ and gage the reaction of
the announcement and also to welcome ppl over to chat on our boards as well
as their own. We have had polls running for KJ over the past few months and
as Download is a well respected alternative/rock festival some of our
younger fans are not aware of KJ - thus alot of questions on where to go to
find out more about them and listen to some of the sound bites to give them
an idea what to expect...They are an enthuasastic bunch and do embrace their
music and open to hearing more music.  I was sorry to see the forums down
and a lot of unrest within the community. I hope it is something that will
be sorted soon. It is a special thing when you have a thrieving community.
It is more a shame that this is the time they are just starting a tour -
releasing an album and have been announced to play the Download Festival at
Donington. I appreciate its closed doors and underground and people do not
like new ppl getting into 'their' band but for me I am well made up that a
whole new generation of ppl are wanting to listen and get into the mighty
Killing Joke !
Aww well Nuff said ! I do hope you manage to sort out the rows and unrest
and get the boards back up online...
This is my partners and mine review of the last time we saw Killing Joke..
.an amazing night.
http://www.up-load.co.uk/pages/gig%20reviews/killing_joke_review.htm

Jezebel