[kj] 24 million people... 1 from those here!

you're going to be an elephant circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 18:27:39 EDT 2005

compounds.

"peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:Good speech Javi, but you misunderstood me.
I realise that alot of the plants come from the Amazon and were
discovered by the locals who have used them for a long time.
You yourself said these medicines sometimes worked and sometimes did nt.
I'm talking about the ability to take these plants and test them in
laboratories and have the means to turn them into pills that WILL work .
To take plants and put them through rigorous tests to make sure that
there are no side-effects , this process can take years. We have already
seen what effects untested drugs can have on people (Thalidomide)
I'm talking about taking the raw plants a step further and turning them
into a mass produced safe medicine. Growing the plants in controlled
environments.
That's what I was talking about:medicines, rather than raw plants
So it is not a case of me being ignorant, it is a case of you not paying
attention.
P.W.