[kj] 24 million people....................

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 27 19:19:55 EDT 2005

"Why didn't you like Australia? This is a serious question. I've never
 been, but I find it to be a fascinating place."

     At the time I found it to much like England, but it was just so laid
back , slow and friendly.I was bought up in London where it is fast paced
,busy, hustle and bustle, where only weirdo's talk to strangers, I don't
want bus drivers smiling at me in the morning and wishing me a G'Day.It was
like a slow paced English life.Swimming pools , Barbeques and beer and that
was about it.The people are like sub-English, but with the brashness and
arrogance of Americans thrown in.Everyone tries there hardest to appear
happy and friendly all the time.And the accent is sooo annoying.
      Ayers Rock: Its not a brain(as they tell you it is), its just a rock
in the wilderness. Bondi beach is just a plain unspectacular beach as well.
Sydney harbour bridge:Its just a bridge FFS, used to get from one side of
the river to the other.Kangaroos and wallabies:seen loads on TV.Aussies have
the same thirst for gluttony and greed that the Americans have.
   I suppose it was allright apart from that.
   I also arrived there after a long trip through Asia, I had to work in
Australia and would of preferred to have been back in a bar in Bangkok
watching those ping-pong balls flying around.

     P.W.