[kj] 24 million people....................

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 27 18:35:57 EDT 2005

Well, it was a flippant comment not meant to be taken entirely
seriously.

That said, Bin Laden wasn't armed by the CIA. The mujahideen might've
been, but they are not necessarily one in the same (Northern Alliance
commander Ahmad Shah Masood -- who OBL had assassinated -- was also a
veteran of the war against the Soviets). Bin Laden's riches come from
his inheritance of his father's business, who did business globally
(not just in the US).  Suggesting that the United States were directly
funding Osama Bin Laden is an inaccuracy.

Bin Laden has assuredly never set foot on Yank shores. Dr. Ayman Al
Zawahiri, his second-in-command, has, but not Bin Laden.

How Bin Laden feels towards the U.S. is indeed felt by many others --
not least due to the idiocy of our current administration's handling of
"the War on Terror".

Alex in NYC