[kj] 24 million people....................

gregslawson at aol.com gregslawson at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 14:46:50 EDT 2005

The song is obviously an exaggeration. But dehydraion, which is caused by diarreah, which is caused by unsanitary drinking water, is the 2nd leading cause of death worldwide. Maybe that's why one of the things in Iraq that the US intentionally bombed throughout the 90s were the sewage systems--let's topple cheap oil seller (and former ally) Saddam my killing off the population. So I think the song is a good metaphor for looking at a system that can't provide the most basic needs--food, water, housing--for huge #s of people. Draw your own conclusions (except for Peter, 'cause he's nutty).