[kj] OT - "UK Music Hall of Fame" : No Joy Division, N.O., or John Peel????

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 14:26:51 EST 2005

The thing was, until New Order turned-up, every artist seemed to be backed
by some crappy muso sessioneer band & so THEY ALL SOUNDED THE SAME. It
reminded me of the old days of the 'Brit Awards' when they adored Eric
Claptout & Phil Phucking Collins. Dark days...

I don't know if many others picked-up on the whole awkward atmosphere that
pervaded the show - it could've been scripted by Armando Ianucci/Chris
Morris, it was THAT good. P!ss poor dialogue, awkward silences, dead
'music-biz' audience, sheer cr at pness - it really was a pleasure to watch for
those who enjoy cringeing!

New Order stood out for sounding like a REAL band that plays gigs. When they
went up to accept the induction, they seemed to have realised how bad things
were going & took the piss a little (can't quite remember - I was too
battered :) Well, they certainly didn't thank g0d!!

The Pretenders also sounded like a real band. Sabbath were excellent, though
of course, Ozzy is a little 'off' these days, but I put that down to his
superhuman powers getting in the way. Who agrees that Pete Shelley will
end-up looking like Ronnie Corbett with age? Maybe with a hint of Jezza
Beadle...

ade