[kj] On topic- sorry to intrude

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Mon Nov 21 17:04:42 EST 2005

Leigh Newton said:

>Mom and Pop type stores usually charge reasonably for
>CDs. The chains really mark them up, that is true.
As noted elsewhere, about $22.65 is the best I've found. I haven't bought
CDs since the early nities. They are simply too f***ing expensive.

>What i really love about your email is that you blast
>me for living in the past, then go on to champion
>vinyl as the preffered format.
I only stated that for vinyl I can spend, but that is because of what I
do. I also said, that I didn't think I'd prefer Killing Joke on vinyl. I
did not "champion vinyl as the preffered format" and especially not for
Killing Joke. I do like my older KJ 12" of course.
Implicit to what I said, even IF I wanted to spend for KJ on vinyl, it
didn't apply for my request.

> If CDs are the middle
>ages, then you sir are stuck in the Jurassic period.
>Walk the dinosaur.

Can you hold more than one thought, please? As I said earlier, I'm a
longtime DJ (plays seldom now though). DJs prefer vinyl for at least some
of the music they play for different reasons. Though I'm very digital for
some music styles though (Traktor), some is only available on vinyl
(typically on white label releases) at the time I need them (prerelease)
or even once in a while on dub plate acetate (rare of course).